About Us Bridal Buzz Real Life Weddings Our Website

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Real Life Wedding : Rohan & Danielle

Rohan and Danielle's wedding theme: 
1950s Elegance

Swoon! That was our immediate reaction to the ultra-elegant celebration of Danielle Collins and Rohan Reisener, held on the first day of spring. Inspired by Danielle's love of "all things Audrey Hepburn" the wedding featured dreamy gowns, dashing suits, vintage decor, personal touches aplenty, and a dash of horse racing glamour. Pre-ceremony fun was had at the mother-of-the-bride's gorgeous boutique before the romantic business of saying 'I do'. While official photos were taking place, guests were kept busy with afternoon tea and croquet on the lawn, entertained by the Maleleuca String Quartet, before moving into a sumptuously-decorated marquee for dinner and dancing. We think Audrey would approve …
Date: 
01 September 2012 

Number of Guests:
130
 Ceremony location: 
Sacred Heart Cathedral 

Reception location: 
Cluden Park Racecourse

 Bride's Funniest Moment: 
Probably my small moment of panic when my garter kept sliding down my leg, before we were about to leave for the church. I had to get rid of it because knowing my luck I would probably fall over it, but it was my “something blue!” Luckily I had a BLUE Vicks Vapodrop with me (I had a cough the week before) and my bridesmaid, a pharmacist, suggested I pop it in for my walk down the aisle! Not only did I not trip over, I didn’t cough once during the service!

Styling Notes: 
We tried to create a 1950s-inspired day of elegance, because I love everything Audrey. My mum and I collected vintage crystal, English china and lace doilies from antique shops everywhere, to decorate our marquee tables. Rohan and I love going to the races with our parents so we couldn’t think of a more suitable venue for our reception; plus having a marquee meant that we could start with a blank canvas and style from our white carpet up to our crystal chandeliers! We really tried to have lots of personal touches ... table numbers were hand-embroidered by my bridesmaids and my nanna helped us to make batches of home-made raspberry jam for bonboniere!
Bride's special thanks: 
To my mum. I could not have made it through without her. I love you xx
First Dance Song: 
Somewhere Over the Rainbow (arrangement by Eva Cassidy)
Bride's Special Memory:
My little sister (and maid of honour) wrote and performed a song for us which left the whole room in tears. Rohan and I will never forget it.
Advice for other brides-to-be: 
Pick a definite theme and run with it. There are sooooo many choices when you are getting married that it is easy to get overwhelmed and totally confused! However, we found that having a theme helped us to make faster decisions because we just always said to each other, “what option works in best with the look we are trying to achieve?”
Gown: 
Paul Hunt Designs (Brisbane) 

Bridesmaid Outfits & Accessories: 
Cheryl’s Boutique

 Decorator: 
Wedding Works 

Hair: 
Sophisticut Hair Salon Townsville

Make-up: 
Gail Belcastro and Alex Vickery

Flowers: 
The Flower Market 

Cake: 
Anja’s Designer Cakes 

Entertainment: 
Maleleuca String Quartet & Abbey Road (reception) 

Photography & Videography: 
Andrew Rankin Photography 

The Honeymoon: 
Hong Kong & Macau

Thank you to Rohan and Danielle for sending in their wedding pics & sharing their story! You can too by clicking here.

QBx
Check out Queensland Brides at www.queenslandbrides.com.au, Facebook and Twitter. Get the latest issue here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...